[NTLK] Newton programming under Intel Mac OS X?

From: Douglas Johnston <douglas.johnston_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 13:28:48 EDT

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find much
information on the topic. (And, ahem, my Japanese is a little off.)
What's the best way to start learning programming under a Mac OS X
environment, specifically an Intel-based MacBook Pro? I managed to
grab a few books on Newton programming already, but I'm scratching my
head as to how to go about it in the absence of a Classic environment
(since Classic won't run on Intel machines). One person told me I
should invest in an old PowerBook, but that's a commitment I'm not
quite ready to make at this time....

Hrm. I *guess* I could run Windows in a VM like Parallels, but I'd
really prefer not to buy and run Windows if I can help it. That is,
if it's even possible to run the toolkit under WinXP....

all my best,
dj

--
D*I*Y Planner: www.diyplanner.com