Re: [NTLK] iPod Touch or iPhone IS the next Newton!!

From: Robert Dylan Stewart <bob_zimmerman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 13:46:38 EST

Strictly speaking, the software doesn't change the IMEI number.
Rather, the baseband firmware changes the reported IMEI to a special
code due to it having a corrupted configuration in NVRAM. It doesn't
even change the actual IMEI of the radio, since that would be like
changing the MAC address burned into a network card. You can
potentially spoof another one, but that's about it.

As for the promised SDK, it could be scripting, yes, but I think it's
more likely to be the same thing that Apple themselves are using to
develop apps on iPhone and iPod Touch. The phone has already been
verified to be using a form of Cocoa, Core Animation, and various
other APIs that are already mature on the Mac OS side. Making two
completely separate SDKs would be a duplication of effort on a
monumental scale. Not to say they wouldn't do that, but rather that I
doubt it.

--
Robert D. Stewart	AC5ZH