[NTLK] Silly cameras

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 17:34:49 EST

> I couldn't care less about the iPod, iPod touch, The Next Newton,
> wireless technologies or wifi woes (that have been discussed at
> length in the past), spare parts for a silly FinePix camera,
> and so on.

The "silly FinePix camera" has taken more than 90% of all images you
will find here:

   http://www.pda-soft.de

I might be wrong, but with my well-known modesty I assume that
the Newton community worldwide has benefitted tremenduously from
this silly FinePix camera over the years. I had to look very long
for a camera that was not only able to take pictures of things that
were less than 10cm away with any decent resolution and
quality, but that in addition had a decent optical zoom for cases
where
even 10cm wasn't near enough.

Apart from that, this camera cost me about two years' worth of the
amazing profit I rake in with Newton repair and battery pack rebuilds.
So, although I put "Off topic" and "OT" in the subject line, I think
this
post actually was on topic. In a way :-)

Provided I can fix it (Adam, are you listening?), this silly camera
will continue serving the extension and improvement of the site
mentioned
above, which I (again modestly and humbly) assume the Newton community
will benefit from further.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Duck and cover mode on...

Frank