Re: [NTLK] Wintel user moving to Mac

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 11:56:48 EST

Wallstreets (the G3 powerbook) is a great computer. I still use on in
my bedroom for basic internet browsing and Mp3's. A good nightstand
computer at this point.

In the Newton world the Wallstreet has one thing that the newer Macs
don't have... that old Mac serial port. It also doesn't have a USB
port, but that aside... it is perfect for working with the Mac.

Question I have for you is which OS is on the Wallstreet? 9 or X? I
think the Wallstreet will run as little as System 8.6 and OS 10.3.9... I
think. So a lot of the Mac programs use around the 8 or 9 range... some
of X works, though I have yet to try this (or care at this point)(You
see... I loaded my Newton with all it needs years ago, so it is
basically able to load it's own stuff off the internet when I have to.
By then X came along, and I no longer needed a desktop for the Newton.)

For getting the connection utilities to work, I believe there are some
serial inits that need to be in place in the system to work. If you are
installing the connection utilities it SHOULD install those serial
protocals at the same time. Been a while.

Doc Clu