Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 16:13:41 EST

> On 8. Nov.,`07, at 13:53 EST, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
> > Are there any note synchronization packages out there, using iSync on
> > Mac OS X?
>
> On 11/8/07, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Not that I've heard of, but you have got to try NCX - it transfers
> packages & data very well on 10.4 (and some have had success on 10.5).

Simon Bell actually plans to implement syncing in NCX
<http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/> using Mac OS X's Sync
Services, but currently provides other functionality not offered
elsewhere on Mac OS X like backup & restore as well as package
installation.

nSync <http://thenowhereman.com/hacks/newton/> is another option that
solely does synchronization, but it doesn't exactly do it well.

As far as the BlueTooth goes, grab a Pico card from
<http://www.notwen.com/bluetooth/> (as John suggested) and install
Eckhart Köppen's Blunt <http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/Blunt> drivers.
I also suggest installing his IC/VC
<http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/IC/VC> utility for importing/exporting
notes, names, and dates via BlueTooth.

I use the the above mentioned setup on my MessagePad 2100 every day
and it work flawlessly for me. I export all new calendar events from
Dates and import them into Google Calendar*, names into Mac OS X's
Address Book, and send notes to and fro as well.

* - There seems to be a bug with importing iCal files into Google
Calendar when using Google Calendar, but otherwise it's flawless.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/