Re: [NTLK] Paul's ATA drivers and registration

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 19:39:52 EST

First of all, I too have to express my appreciation for Paul's efforts. Apple
said it was technically impossible. So Paul climbed his Everest and "knocked
the b---- off!"

That alone is certainly worth an accolade.

OTOH he did set up an expectation that he would be releasing subsequent versions
with fixes and greater reliability. On that basis, I was motivated to support
his work and became a registrant. The fact that he didn't is disappointing.

Based on the conversations so far, there is a possibility that he perceives a
conflict of interest of some sort between the nature of his work and continuing
his efforts on the Newton. The mind boggles as to what that might be.

Cheers

Tony

> Indeed, it would be better to say "because he has substantially less
> free time now, and he does not wish to use all his free time anymore
> to work on Newton programming, even as a hobby."

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
a.m.