Re: [NTLK] Paul's ATA drivers and registration

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 03:59:54 EST

On 11/10/07, James Wages <james@kiramek.com> wrote:
> Indeed, it would be better to say "because he has
> substantially less free time now, and he does not wish to use all his free
> time anymore to work on Newton programming, even as a hobby."

If that was what I had meant, I would have said it that way... It's
good old English grammar coming back to haunt us, though. By "can't" I
meant "mayn't" As in it is considered a conflict of interest with his
work, and is no longer "allowed." I really don't want to say too much
here, because some of my knowledge is based on private emails I had
with him, hence my vagueness. However, he _did_ post on this list that
he would have to discontinue working on his Newton projects because of
his job in the industry, etc. not out of a lack of desire to work on
the software, and also, not necessarily due to lack of time, but due
to other considerations. I hope that clarifies things somewhat.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland