Re: [NTLK] Xircon PortGear serial adapter

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 16:11:34 EST

This adapter has been mentioned several times in the past with no
clear answer, but I did once have one, possibly the one you have,
that I bought with the first release of the iMac for a printer
connection.
It did work in classic with NCU but not with NewTen in OS X.
To easily install NCU in Classic have a look at
<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2005-11/0254.html>
the you can use the Dock via serial and should be able to install.
woody