Re: [NTLK] Goodbye

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 10:25:07 EST

From: Matt Howe

I've been reading this thread with a bit of sadness. And I don't know if
am the last heavy user or the rest just aren't commenting. I use my
2000U
everyday. It sets next to me on my desk all day long for addresses,
dates,
notes, etc. It gets my private Email when I am away from home. I don't
use
any kind of dictionary but I have a copy of "The Message" in it for my
Bible
reading. (snip) I carry it every where I go in a messenger bag along
with my hacked Nintendo DS, a hand full of small tools and a cigar. (You
should never be without a good cigar!) (snip)

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

A Newton server! Hmm... I have thought of running one of those again.
Trying to think of what kind of application I would use that for. Be
nice if the Newton had the capability to accept calls and be a BBS as
well as a server. Now that would rock!

As for the Message, aside from Solo Deluxe that is the other thing I
like about the Newton. I need to just install all the versions of the
bible and go with that. Or I could install all the programming manuals
converted to NewtonBook form.

        In the meantime, my Newtons remain on charge till they are
needed again.