Re: [NTLK] Goodbye

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 11:44:48 EST

  Matt Howe:

> I've been reading this thread with a bit of sadness. And I don't
> know if I
> am the last heavy user or the rest just aren't commenting.

You're not alone at all, Matt.

I use my MP2100 everyday, too. Its strongest feature for me is note-
taking. Joined with - as someone else already pointed out - long
battery life and persistence of information, it makes the Newton a
terrific, reliable, portable assistant. And now that I finally managed
to establish a successful connection with my PowerBook via Ethernet
and Bluetooth, my MP2100 is even handier. To facilitate my work and
concentrate more, I frequently go to the library of the polytechnical
university where my wife works, carrying my PowerBook and stuff. But
now that my MP2100 can connect and exchange files with the PB without
much hassle, I find more comfortable (and less cumbersome) to just
bring my MP2100 with its keyboard and take notes and/or write. Later,
at home, I can transfer what I need to the PowerBook. The notes I
don't need to transfer remain on the Newton and can be easily looked
up while I refine my work later.

With the Newton, I think, it's all a matter of workflow. Once you find
the perfect spot for the Newton in your workflow, it's difficult to
let the Newton go :)

Oh, and I'm writing my second novel on my eMate. So yes, count me
among the "last heavy users" ;)

Cheers,
Rick