[NTLK] MP2000 and Mac OS X?

From: Nathan Hunt <subsonic87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 00:12:46 EDT

Hi all,
I recently snagged a MessagePad 200 off of eBay for about $26 (great
deal, I know!). This is my first MessagePad, though I did have an
eMate back in 2001 that I used pretty frequently. My primary question
is this: how well can the Newton interface with modern Mac OS X
(specifically, Tiger and beyond)? I have lots of iCal and OS X
Address Book data that I'd like to have on my Newton, along with the
ability to transfer notes and NewtonWorks files and install software.
Now, I'm aware of NCX and nSync, but those haven't been updated in
quite some time (and are PPC apps, while I have an Intel mac). So, to
any users of Tiger on Intel machines, how well does your Newton work
with that? I'd like to know before I invest some money in USB
adapters for my MP. Thanks in advance.

-Nathan Hunt