Re: [NTLK] Script?

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 14:07:24 EDT

On Oct 8, 2007, at 1:46 PM, rhonda@write-on.org wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:36:54 +0200, Peter Hofmann wrote:
>> But i have to use the termial and typing the commands every time i
> start the mac.
> My question:
> would there be anybody in the list , who could make a small
> applescript using the commands from wiki?
>
> OS X's startup script is /etc/rc and the shutdown script is
> /etc/rc.shutdown - you could add your commands at an appropriate point
> to the startup and shutdown process in those files.
>
> You'll have to access those files through the terminal, as I've never
> figured out how to get them via the Finder.

Actually, it's quite a bad idea to modify the rc scripts on Mac OS X.
Instead, create a StartupItem or a launchd job, see:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/
BPSystemStartup/Articles/DesigningDaemons.html>

I've written numerous Startup Items (they'll work on Tiger & Panther,
but probably not Leopard), so I'll look at doing so for this.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/