[NTLK] Is my Newton dead?

From: <chris4886_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 20:09:56 EDT

A couple of months ago, I got a MessagePad 2000 (upgraded to 2100) off
of ebay. I used it for a few weeks, doing simple things like reading
some documents saved with Newton Press, installing a package or two,
playing battleship - nothing too demanding. I left for school a few
weeks later. The Newton sat untouched on my dresser for about three
months while I was away. Last weekend I went back home for a visit,
and the Newton seemed to be dead. It just simply wouldn't turn on.

I plugged it into the AC Adaptor. Nothing. Put fresh batteries inside.
Still nothing. I tried holding down the reset button. Still, it just
won't turn on. Does anyone know what could be causing this, or what
can be done to fix it?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Chris