Re: [NTLK] eMate bluetooth?

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 13:01:38 EDT

Dear Adrian,

after your so detailed report, I could suggest you a solution which
solved
every kind of problem I have experienced on each Newton unit I own (not
exclusively related to Bluetooth).

Make a full backup, then do a hard reset which will delete eveything
stored
on your eMate. Now install the full Blunt bundle and test again your
Pico Card.

Just for reference, the latest version of Blunt is available for d/l
from:
<http://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/n40hz/Blunt-0.7.7.sit>.

If your card would still not be functional, with the red led turning-
on each time
you would try to get a bluetooth connection placed, that would depend
by a fault
on the hardware side.

Have you ever tried to plug an external antenna to the built-in
antenna socket
on your card?

In other words, Pico Cards have a built-in socket which is intended
for use when in need
to extend the range of your wireless setup. I have an entire stock of
compatible antennas
(which can extend the range from twenty to fifty meters,
theoretically), but I have never
offered such antennas for sale publicy on my store cause the socket
onthe Pico Cards is so
delicate that after a couple of plug-in and plug-out the adapter
itself stopped to be functional,
experiencing the red led turned-on each time then tried to get a
bluetooth connection placed
(which as you will note, it's just the same experience reported by
you...).

Regards, Adriano
MessagePad Accessories
http://notwen.com