Re: [NTLK] OT - Do you speak BBC English?

From: PaulMmn <PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 19:16:38 EDT

There's an old saw that goes-- "The British and the Americans--
separated by a common language."

And as far as throwing away old words goes, I like sprinkling some of
the more unusual words in my speech and writing-- things like "nil"
and "in the offing..."

Unfortunately, those around me probably have the same reaction that I
get when someone misuses A or AN... like you just tripped on a
shoelace, and you have to replay what was said or read to get the
meaning out of it.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.nospam.com