Re: [NTLK] The "Greengrocers' Apostrophe" [OT]

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 04 2007 - 14:54:42 EDT

Now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day....

But the conversation went something like this:

Her: Scott? What is a "hound dog"?
Me: Um. It's a hund hund.
*snicker*
Her: It's a hund hund?
Me: Yeah. A hund hund.
Her: It is a dog dog?
Me: Yes.
Her: But...
Me: Indeed.
Her: But I don't—
Me: I know, I know.

And then I explained that it was a kind of hunting dog.