Re: [NTLK] New Newton is born?

From: The Compulsive Splicer <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 12:32:32 EDT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 9:11 AM, dotline7 wrote:

> The name is: IPod Touch?
>
> Touch screen: HWR?. Handwritten notes?
> WiFi (g): internet communication, communication with other computers
> PIM functionality?
>
> Everything depends on software.
>
> Is it possible?

Am I missing something? Is the iPod Touch anything other than an
iPhone without the phone (and with optionally more storage space)?

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. With this announcement and the
price drop on the iPhone I'm starting to think about getting one or
the other. The device has the potential to make a good eBook reader
if the software could be made for it. Apple's PIM plus eBook reader
would make up for a lot of shortcomings.

Steve