Re: [NTLK] Test...

From: W. Guy Finley <wgfinley_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 17:54:06 EDT

First, anyone who brings a phone overseas without checking what they
will be charged for access is an idiot -- caveat emptor.

Second, it is very simple to turn off email checking -- go to
"settings", select "mail", turn "auto-check" to "manual". The phone
will not access the network to check for email.

The ONLY thing that I would agree on is there should be a way to turn
EDGE off, but having not previously owned a phone with EDGE I don't
know if that is a common feature or not. You could go to "airplane
mode" but then you couldn't take calls obviously.

Finally, I'm certain it's all over the EULA that you are responsible
for monitoring your access. I remember all these stories when cell
phones first came out with roaming. It's not Apple's fault that
people didn't do a little checking into what they would be charged
for data access while traveling abroad and obviously they had to have
noticed it was downloading their email and whatnot as they would have
gotten notification.

--Guy

(sorry for top post, this thread already top posted to shreds)