Re: [NTLK] [OT] Huge int'l roaming fees for iPhone (was Re: Test...)

From: Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 18:42:34 EDT

Not quite...this is (l)user error for the most part. Here's why...

1) Int'l roaming is always a bastard for voice regardless.
2) You can turn automatic email checking OFF, and wait to check your
mail in a WiFi-enable location, where it would be free.

Also, to pick a small nit, it checks mail when sleeping, not when
powered down (which would be impossible).

Someone should have RTFM and RTFSP (Read The Fine Small Print™), or
even just called AT&T customer support and (ya know...) *asked* rather
than just assuming that there would be no price differential once
outside the *country* in which they had service.

About the only fault I'd assign Apple in all this is the SIM-lock, but
there are now 3rd party software-only solutions for that as well...

-S

"Ignorance is curable, stupidity isn't."
—Unknown

John wrote:
> Fantastic! Well done Jobbs! They should go to court. It is not
> possible to
> accept a device which charge you when it is switched off.

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn@earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn