[NTLK] Don’t try this at home

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 07:30:19 EDT

 I have just returned from a trip from the US to Europe, and want to vouch for the strength of the Newton keyboard. In Italy I was in a cramped bedroom and by mistake put my heavy suitcase full of books etc. on the key board all night. Even worse, it was on the keys and not just the base. Yet the next day the keyboard was good as new. I must admit that I have also on occasion stepped on it and dropped it, and swatted flies with it, and one of the things worth remembering in comparing the Newton to other devices is that it might not be the lightest or most efficient, but for someone who like me does a lot of traveling, it is very tough and that is important. One wants something that can take a lot of punishment, and it has to be said also is not any longer so expensive that a physical disaster would also be a financial disaster. I never travel far without my Newton and it has so far never let me down.

Oliver