Re: [NTLK] Todo reminders during same day

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2007 - 06:24:35 EDT

On 9/14/07, Andy Hill <adhill@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an extension to the dates application which allows
> you to set reminders for later the same day.
>
> For example if I agree to call someone back at 3.00pm later the same
> day, I'd like to set a reminder for a few minutes in advance.
>
> I know this feature is available as part of other apllications but in
> general I don't need many of their other features. I could also set the
> alarm but that would only allow one instance.
>
> Is there such an add-on for Dates as I like to keep to the basic
> application structure unless really necessary.

StandAlone has, I believe, a package that should do what you
want--Alarmed and Dangerous? I can't remember its name, but I believe
it works with built-in dates, as well as its own alarms. For myself, I
use Action Names. It allows two alarms per event. Back in the day, I
had one alarm go off two weeks in advance of meetings, to remind me to
call and confirm (and get directions if necessary) and the second a
day before. Other things might get an alarm that morning, and another
30 minutes before. It's quite useful--but not what you are looking
for.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland