[NTLK] 15% discount from EB Cases for NewtonTalkers

From: Gary Moody <gmoody_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu Sep 20 2007 - 16:50:48 EDT

Hi Folks,

I have just talked to Tegan at EB Cases Customer Services, and purchased the last 2 cases that they have on hand ($62.50 USD/ea).

They are willing to make more, and have extended a 15% discount to the NewtonTalk group. The cases will be manufactured as needed, and will take approx 4-6 weeks to deliver.

The contact name at EB is Tegan (Ext. 102) in Customer Service (tegank@ebcases.com -or- cs@ebcases.com - Tel:858.385.1976 - Toll Free: 800.896.2273) for the NewtonTalk discount. Shipping is $7.00 USD UPS Ground.

These cases are awesome, and the tightest fit for the MP2X00, much more durable than the PalmTree cases (I have used both). The leather is of high quality, as is the fit and finish. Highly recommended! (No, no involvement other than as a satisfied customer - I'm just thrilled I can get a replacement for my 10-year-old case). I has some reservations about the access to the PCMCIA slots too but, in real-life use, I hardly ever swap cards in and out unless the Newton is on a bench. There are some workarounds for this issue, if you have the need.

Just an FYI...

Regards,

Gary