Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS 9 help needed.

From: Giulio Marchi <emfdb_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 15:38:58 EDT

Il giorno 04/apr/08, alle ore 16:31, Tim Breitberg ha scritto:
> I just got OS 10.4 shoe-horned onto the same model Wallstreet you
> have.
> Pointers:
> If the hard drive is over 8GB you have to partition it with the first
> partition under 8GB, OSX will be installed here.
That is not exactly correct. After installing Tiger on a Wallstreet
with three partitions (OS X 7.45GB, OS 9 5GB, documents the rest of
80GB) so to have OS X in the first 8GB, I read that actually the "8GB
limit" just applies to where the OS X partition "begins", i.e. it has
to start in the first 8GB but not necessarily be contained in them.

So I reinstalled it successfully, eventually having 1GB for OS 9 and
the rest of the 80GB disk for Tiger. All this done with XPF 4 and
many messages from Apple Discussions.

Here are the full summaries of my experiences. As you may already
know, you can find even more in the forum
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1390427&tstart=30
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1471833&tstart=0

Hope it helps.

Regards,