Re: [NTLK] Backdrop photos in black and white

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Sun Apr 06 2008 - 02:26:30 EDT

Hi Scott
Make sure you have chosen the right platform in preferences in Newtonpress.
Also when converting your pictures in photoshop you should change them to 16
shades of grey.
Here are the proper instructions.

http://www.drissman.com/avi/newton/AvisBackdrop/backgroundpictures.html

Although the guidance doesn't say this I find that its sometimes best not to
convert to greyscale and let newtonpress do it.
Provided of course that you have reduced it to an appropriate size.
(I did find Newtonpress crashed often when importing pictures using os9.2
but when I do this on a windows PC it seems to work trouble free).

It is possible to get pictures with reasonable definition onto the Newt this
way.
(I've got a picture of the kids in pirate outfits as a backdrop which keeps
me going sometimes).

Good luck.
Andy