Re: [NTLK] internet experiences with Newton

From: Alexander Schreiber <als_at_thangorodrim.de>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 19:52:04 EDT

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 03:20:32PM -0600, Scott Rogers wrote:
> Exactly. The Nokia tablets are *terrible* PDAs. In addition to them
> simply not *having* any PDA apps built in, data entry via stylus is
> very sketchy.

Thats why I kept away from the N770 and the N800 - but I finally grabbed
an N810, _because_ it has a keyboard. Yes, it is pretty much a thumb
keyboard. So, don't count on writing the next great novel on it, but it
is fine for entering smaller texts - like email.

> However... my bluetooth keyboard works just fine with my n770 and I
> can sync up google calendar with it just fine (the 770, while cheaper,
> cannot do the ajax sites like google calendar and reader reliably, but
> there are workarounds).

I'm still looking for reasonable PIM apps for it, but well .. there is
Perl, Python and Ruby for the machine, so it should be possible to hack
something ;-)

Regards,
     Alex.

 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison