Re: [NTLK] Exact Measurement of Newton 2000 Screen

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 04:02:40 EDT

On 30.04.2008, at 01:10, G. Isten wrote:
>> We tend to be more "loose" on precision in imperial measurements, I
>> suspect.
>
> *lol* A suspicion that I (as a metric person) would definitely
> share. Especially after being exposed to (not so old) texts with
> medical prescriptions expressed in English apothecaries' weights
> (drachms and grains and the like).

Just to make this thread even longer still without giving you any
measurements (Newton's at home today): I was quite surprised when I
bought a bunch of "2x4" building studs in a HomeDepot in California
the first time in my life. I was quite surprised that they measured 1
1/2 by 3 1/2 inches instead of 2 by 4 inches. In the light of that, I
believe the Newton screen is 10 by 18 inches large ;-)

----
http://robowerk.com/