Re: [NTLK] Connection Problems

From: Peter Wilson <wilsonpeter_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 09:34:22 EDT

Hello Kostas,

Thank you for your quick response.
I have downloaded the Drivers from Keyspan. I am connecting the USB
to the Computer and serial cable then the serial cable to the Dongle
then to the 2000. Newton did not come with a user's manual. How do I
do a Hard Reset ?

On 1 Aug 2008, at 13:22, Kostas Theofilis wrote:

On 1 Aug 2008, at 13:00, Peter Wilson wrote:

> I have been watching and enjoying the list, whilst trying to buy a
> 2100. I have now bought one on Ebay.
> I am a relative novice to both Mac and Newton, now I need some help,
> please.

Welcome!

> original Software missing. It only came with Floppy discs, so how do
> I restore to the original Factory settings without access to a
> Floppy ?

All the original software is on the ROM. So, with a hard reset, you
can restore everything to factory defaults.

> When I go to preferences/ general it only
> shows 2 serial port options; Nokia-E60-Dial-Upnetwork-1 and
> Bluetooth-PDA-Sync.

There should be a "usbserial" port. Did you install the drivers for
the USB-serial adapter?
This seems to be the problem.

Kostas