Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 00:51:58 EDT

Essentially, I am using it as a personal office assistant/tablet.  It sits next to my MacBook Pro on my desk, and you won't find any paper around here.  I take notes on it, use it for To Do's and reminders, write articles on it for my blog, and am starting to use it more like a tablet PC.  That is, reading eBooks and using it for analyzing spreadsheets.  I also play a few games on it, and have surfed the web from time-to-time.  With that said, it makes a great RSS Reader.

Additionally, I also pull it out when I get lonely: there is something so surreal and charming about it.  With all that said, it syncs with OS X Leopard no problem, and all of my contacts are on it.  I may also be putting MP3s on it via the iTunes Classic plugin to use it as a home music player.  Since I have a 1 GB flash card in it, storage is not really a problem...  Ok, off to the cafe for some late night article writing... with the Newton of course! (Newton keyboard attached)

Regards,

Ryan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Newton MessagePad 2000 (upgraded to 2100, bought Feb. 2008 new sealed in box!)