Re: [NTLK] Newton Works and the Missing "Spreadsheet, Drawing..." Options

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 17:34:33 EDT

Nothing objective.  It just seems to respond faster.  My cache is set at 60, and my Card is a SanDisk Extreme III 1 GB.  Most of my stuff is installed on there.
The Extreme III card has 20 MB/sec. read and sequential write.  I have no idea what linear cards can do...  Additionally, it has ESP, which may also be a factor:

“ESP has super-parallel write and read operations that are coupled with
an accelerated flash data bus architecture to allow data to be
transferred at twice the rate of most competitive cards. In addition,
the ESP architecture streamlines every aspect of read and write data
transfer operations through advanced hardware automation. The ESP
architecture effectively removes the card as the bottleneck in data
storage applications.”

Can someone tell me if making my cache in ATA support is a good idea or not...