Re: [NTLK] NCU via usb?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 19:36:11 EDT

On 8/18/2008 4:41 PM, Marisa Giancarla wrote:
> NCU is the way to go. I have found that my USB-serial adapter is not as
> reliable as a fixed hardware serial port. I have to drop my serial speed
> to 9600 baud on the keyspan, and even then packages over 200 or 300k
> tend to error out rather than completing.
>
> This also effects NTK which works fine for basic tethered use but fails
> at package installing...

Hmm interesting. I don't have that issue at all. In fact I find it
more usefull than a fixed hardware serial port. Perhaps if you reduced
the number of USB items you have plugged in at the time?

Also if you are on windows you should use slowdown. Probably two
instances (run it twice so it shows twice on the task bar) and
everything on max. If your computer is even faster then you should slow
it down even more with another instance. Bascially you want to "feel"
your computer a little slow but not stopped. This seems to work best.

I also don't have ANYTHING else running but NCU, and slowdown. This
works best (well for me anyway).

-Dan