Re: [NTLK] Lucent Wireless Bronze is not recognized

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 13:31:13 EDT

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Sonny Hung <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Carlos Pessoa Filho <carlos.pf@mac.com>wrote:
>>
>> Which card supports WEP and it's compatible with the Newton?
>
> The Silver or Gold WaveLAN Cards or one of their OEM Branded ones.

The WaveLAN Silver only supports 64-bit WEP, but there are ways to
flash them to that of a Gold. The Gold supports full 128-bit WEP.

I have and would highly suggest the Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP (Also sold
under the Melco brand in some countries). It's a newer card so smaller
form factor and probably lower power draw & better range. It supports
full 128-bit WEP as well.

Unfortunately, none of the Newton-compatible WiFi cards support WPA or WPA2.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/