Re: [NTLK] ATA Linear flash speed

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 04:10:56 EDT

Thanks Ron, and everyone else...
As for CF cards, they are not all created equal.  Don't be fooled by X speed.  Anybody can say they have a 150 or even 200x speed card.  1x is the benchmark at 150 kb/s.  The Extreme III card is 133x, but is packed with some other tech that sets it apart from most other cards.  It, for instance, uses ESP, to offload and load data much quicker than most other cards (SanDisk claims twice as fast); it also uses this tech for simultaneous read/write at max speed... reducing bottlenecks.