Re: [NTLK] WiFi nearly there...

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 00:04:22 EDT

On Aug 23, 2008, at 10:56 PM, Woody wrote:

> Thank you.
> Very useful and I will give it a try.
> Does this permit downloading packages?
> Whether or not this goes in my personal newt archivesw.
>
> Woody

I would assume it does. From testing it with Firefox and other
desktop browsers the Google page appears to remove the CSS, flash,
other content not usable on a mobile device, and breaks large
webpages into several smaller ones. Using NetHopper with the
ZNHPatch, I wasn't able to download packages from unna, but was
successful from
<http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs.html>. Courier was able to
download packages from both sites after being formatted through the
google page.

If you want to try this with Courier then you will need to create a
new Search option with the following URL <http://www.google.com/gwt/n?
u=%S&_gwt_noimg=1>. Once you do that then choose to search with it
and enter the URL you want to view in the search field.