Re: [NTLK] Minority Report on the Newton?

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 23:00:01 EDT

On Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 5:46 pm Scott Rogers wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the result will be
> that the Newt chokes.

Agreed.

I don't know if anyone has ever created a package > 3MB, or, at least, I've never seen one myself. Some big eBooks are even split into multiparts from the creator, for quite obvious reasons.

I personally made a Newton Press doc that stretched limits... probably the biggest and most complex ever made. Weighs in at 2.2MB.

My experience says that the bigger the package, the more likely one will have problems working with it.

> On 8/28/08, Ryan Vetter wrote:
> Of course, if this works, anyone else
> wanting this on their Newton would need
> a fast ATA flash card (probably 512 MB+

Remember, the fastest the any Newton 2100 can move data... (rounded) 10KB-30KB/second. 500 MB would take (taps Calculator) roughly 14 hours to save it. Would ATA (or even the Newton) remain stable for a 14 hour download? uh...

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM