Re: [NTLK] Deciding between wireless or ethernet card with dongle

From: <graydelotte_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 11:59:21 EST

-------------- Original message from "R A Parker" <Quadzillanet@SBCGlobal.NET>: --------------

> > I have a Linksys wireless setup
> > going at home, so I'm thinking
> > that I should be able to test and
> > troubleshoot wireless there. I'm
>
> mmm... what kind? It it is a WRT-54G, you can have a lot of fun with those!
> Ron
>
> --
> Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
> --
> QuadzillaNET
> |\/|\ @ Newted.ORG
> |/-|/ @ Quadzilla.NET
> |\ | @ TahoeSunsets.COM
> --
> My name is R A Parker. I own a Newton and a Mac.
Ron,
I'd better quit going to bed after posting on Newtontalk! Yes, it' s a WRT-54G. I've seen the books on using these, and almost ordered one. Maybe I will now. I also like the idea of being able to use one of my three macs to broadcast a wireless signal which the Newton could pick up, I think. Even our G3 ibook clamshell from about 1999 will do this. Never had so much learning fun with computers until I got a mac. Think the same thing is going to happen with the Newts. I really appreciate the helpful responses from everyone.
Gregg