Re: [NTLK] Emate 300 refuses to turn on.

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 17:46:32 EST

That sounds like the switch on the display/lid is not being activated
properly. Perhaps the broken hinge allows enough of a misalignment to keep
the plunger from working properly. The switch is on the ribbon side.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Chris Beiser wrote
<snip>
The batteries are at fault? That seems odd considering that I haven't even
been able to get a whole charge cycle out of it yet. Also may be relevant:
Left hinge broke immediately after I fixed the right one. I didn't bother
fixing it because it can't hurt the display cable. It sometimes works if I
move the screen correctly.
<snip>