Re: [NTLK] Current Mail V

From: Gary Dunn <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 20:45:00 EST

> From: RAParker <QuadzillaNET@Newted.ORG>
> To: <newtontalk@newtontalk.net>
> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:20:31 -0800
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Current Mail V
>

> -----Original Message-----From: "Gary Dunn"
>
>> Am I current?
> As current as you need.
>
>>Should I reinstall?
> No
>
> How much space is left on your internal and your external stores?
>
>> Is my newted configuration
>> wrong? I am using POP! In
>> the IMAP path. Is that
>> correct?
>
> Sometimes, Mail V will hang on me, on a specific message. Unknown why
> though. What usually
> fixes it for me is one of several steps:
>
> 1- Make sure I'm not accidentally storing messages to my internal store.
>
> 2- Try resetting the mailbox.
>
> 3- Try IMAP for Newted, you'll like it.
>
> 4- Temporarily switch to IMAP, download all messages, switch back to POP!
> and get beyond
> the problem message.
>
> 5- Use internet access on a real computer to download the problem message,
> do something
> with the problem message, continue on, beyond the problem message.
>
> 6- More?

After removing POP! from the IMAP Path field I was able to empty my inbox. I then sent myself two messages and received both, and my connection was closed gracefully. Main problem solved! However, new messages still go into never never land and do not appear in my Inbox unless I switch the folder selector to "All Items." Is this a bug or a feature?

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
knowtree@aloha.com