Re: [NTLK] Maintenance Q's re. MP130 and 2100

From: Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 09:46:11 EST

The unit was in a store cupboard on the top floor of my house. I'd say that the temperature in there is pretty much guaranteed to be above 10 deg, probably on average 15 deg. I certainly don't notice the high-pitched whine that accompanies the back light when I hold down the power button. I don't know if it's just me but the button does seem difficult to push down. I may be imagining things though.

>> With the 2100, things are a bit more complicated. The machine has always worked when plugged into a power supply (not the original as I can't get a US to UK adapter, but one that outputs similar, slightly lower figures).
>I've got some spare US-UK adaptors for the 9W Newton adaptor of which
>I would be willing to trade or sell one to you. We need here the
>Germany type in most countries.

I'd like one of those. How much to buy and ship to the UK?

>>The original battery pack was dead and I had it refurbished by Frank
>(is that right?) at PDA-soft.de. However, although the pack passed the
>PDA-soft testing ...
>
>.... The easiest might
>be to install e.g. Avi's Backdrop which comprises a nice accu charging
>state display - actually even two different displays. They should tell
>you a charging current of more than 600mA with your off-the-shelf
>charger and more then 1A current with the original 9W adaptor. Also
>does charging only start if the temperature of the accu is above 45
>deg C.

That does sound the best idea doesn't it. I'll track down a copy and try to get it installed on the 2100

Thanks for your help so far. You certainly have a wealth of knowledge!

Stuart