Re: [NTLK] Personal Web Server and IIS

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 21:15:29 EST

I have one set up on my XP box. I also had one set up on my old Win98SE box.
It is very easy. I basically turned it on and then had to change one setting
for it to show a directory instead of pages. It is the primary way I get
stuff on to my Newton. When I receive contact info from people at work I
send a vCard from outlook to my Newton via Simplemail. For pkg's I use the
IIS and Newtscape.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Tony Kan wrote
<snip>
I noticed the mention of Personal Web Server by the Apple Users on this list
in
the context of being able to download pkgs to their Newton using Newtscape.
Thinking that there might be an equivalent in Windows I came across
something
called Internet Information Server (IIS). However a quick google on how to
implement this suggests that it is troublesome and nontrivial. Has anyone
else
on the list had a go at this and want to share their experiences? TIA
<snip>