Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 11:55:10 EST

Hello,

>Over here people are a lot more inclined to find out
>what a thing is before they decide it's a gun. (Of
>course they might shoot you for just being a
>Brazilian electrician on your way to work, but that's
>another story.)

If I'm reading this right, does this mean you're
currently in Brazil? You don't have to answer this if
you don't want to or if it is a sensitive topic.

The reason I ask is because I had a friend return from
there with a rather impressive-looking leather hat.
Which gave me the impression that Brazil (or at least
parts of it) is known for leatherworking.

If that is indeed the case, (is it?) you may want to
try taking your MP 2100 to a local shop, tell them
what you're looking for, and see if they can
custom-rig something for you. It might not only be
cheaper than a commercially-available product, but
being made of leather, it should also last much
longer. To say nothing of it being custom-fitted to
your own body for maximum comfort.

While I think of it: have you thought about the
possibility of using a thigh rig of some kind? I
don't know if that method of load bearing will work
for you in your particular situation, but it's an
idea. Hanging something off a belt can be a hassle,
but placing it against the front or side of your thigh
can be a very comfortable way to carry gear around.

Best,

James Fraser