Re: [NTLK] One More Regstration

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 14:02:43 EST

> Presumably, if these guys don't have the tools to issue a
> registration, they don't have the tools to modify the program to
make
> registration unnecessary.

Correct. Or not the time, or maybe they simply do not want to
bother, all of which is perfectly understandable.

> Is that something that helpful programming
> savvy members of the community could do, assuming permission were
> granted by the developer/copyright owner?

To a certain degree this would depend on which software was used
to develop the product. In case of the Newton Toolkit (NTK), for
example, I think it wouldn't be a big deal to remove registration
if one had the sources.

Frank