Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: Brett Feinblatt <bafein_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 00:22:51 EST

As long as we're all chiming in....
        I don't know that this shoulder-holster idea's the best for the
Newt. Likewise with this thigh rig.

        Let me tell you about the one that works for me.

        Remember Star Trek? Spock and his tricorder? Well, that's the deal
I've got.

        A black leather case, cover flips up over the top and slips behind.
Holes for the power switch, speaker and microphone. Even has a little
stretch-fabric stylus holder (very cool for the combination pen/
stylus/LED flashlight/laser I use).

        And on the back it has some stretch fabric that would work well as a
belt loop or just a secure way to hold it, along with two metal
rings, just perfect for an adjustable shoulder strap, which I found
easily enough.

        Wear it just like a tricorder. Best of all, the strap's adjustable,
so it can hang snugly on your side under your arm, keeping it out of
the way when you're not using it, but quickly and easily extends to
full length so you can work with it, but still keep it secure.

        I bought the case on eBay several years ago, but I'm sure there are
still a few like it around.

--
File not found. I'll load something *I* think is interesting.