Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge switch issues

From: Sean Cross <smcross_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 13:16:45 EST

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote:
> > The eMate is supposed to turn on when the screen is opened.
> > It does, but it sometimes needs to be opened to 120 degrees
> > or more. Frequently, I need to open the screen a full 180
> > degrees in order to get it to turn on, then I can close it
> > to as little as 30 or 40 degrees before it automatically shuts off.
>
> > So far, I haven't seen this problem mentioned. Aside from
> > soldering the hinge switch connector closed, are there any
> > suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Why not simply turn the eMate on and off with the keyboard's
> power key?
>
> Frank

I've decided to do go ahead and do that. Based on what I saw when I
opened it up and tried pressing the switch directly, I suspect it's
starting to go bad, and doesn't travel as fluidly as it ought to. So
last night I soldered closed pins 1-2 and 4-5 of the switch. It looks
like pins 3 and 6 were not connected to anything, so I didn't desolder
the switch from the board.

Now I'll just use the keyboard's power key.

Sean