[NTLK] dying eMate?

From: FARKAS, WENDY <wfarkas_at_BOTETOURTVA.US>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 12:04:22 EST

Hello All,

I've been happily (and productively) using an eMate I bought from eBay a
few months ago. I keep it plugged in at home and periodically bring it
into work to type notes during meetings. Then I beam the notes to my
MP2100 for filing and other work.

Just last week I noticed that although the unit was plugged into an
outlet, it was discharging - the battery was only showing < 25% charged.
Well, I thought, it's an old machine. I popped in a battery that Woody
Smith was kind enough to furnish. Let that sit charging all morning and
... OH NO I'm getting a low battery message.

So it's plugged into a power source and it's telling me it has a dead
battery. I swapped power adapters - no difference.

Please send your comments - should I send this unit somewhere and have
its internals checked over or should I just chuck it and get another one
for $40?

I've gotten attached to it and don't want to abandon the eMate concept.

Your comments are eagerly awaited.

Wendy Farkas