[NTLK] New eBooks!

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 23:03:43 EST

February 26, 2008

Greetings, Newtonfolk:

I'm happy to announce the availability of several new Newton eBooks!

? *? "Monitor and Merrimac" - Accounts from captains and crew members of the Civil War ironclads, on their historic battle an dthe loss of the Monitor off of Cape Hattaras

? *? "Tecuseh" - Biography of the famous Indian (um, that's Native American) leader; there's even a chapter on his brother, "The Prophet"

? *? "Martian Odyssey" - An amusing and highly entertaining Sci-Fi story.Sort of like a Bradbury "Martian Chronicles" thing, more humorous and upbeat

? *? "2BORN2B" - A short story by famed Sci-Fi writer Kurt Vonnegut; this story fist appeared in "Worlds of IF" Sci-Fi magazine in 1962.

? *? "Pirates" - A collection of 'biographies' on twelve of the most infamous scalliwags to plunder the high seas. Argh, Matey!

The books should be on Marty's Library site soon. In the meantime, I'll handle requests for any of the aforementioned titles. Please specify title(s) and eBook format (MP 2X00 or Classic) in your requests.

"What's on the horizon for new titles?", you may ask. It's hard to say. I'd like to produce a few more non-fiction works; maybe a cookbook or another gardening book. I'm thinking about doing Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle", if it has not been "Newtonized" yet. Suggestions are always welcome (bearing in mind, of course, the limited availabiity of copyright-free source material). Enjoy!

Best regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA