Re: [NTLK] Happy Anniversary ! :-(

From: David Lawrence <newtonpoetry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 20:20:07 EST

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com>
> wrote:
> > So was this the death of the Newton, or the real start of the Newton
> > community? Think about it.

I just wonder if all the iPhone kids will march on ten years after Apple
pulls the plug on it.

For myself, I discovered this fine community about a year ago and haven't
looked back.

Would the Newton community be so strong if Apple didn't drop support?
Maybe. Shucks, it could be stronger because there would be more folks using
MessagePads. Or maybe it was only a matter of time...

As a recent discoverer of the Newton's capabilities, my one regret is that
there is are few modern, OS X-based solutions to getting a newbie up and
running quickly and easily on a Newton. I'm stuck with a 110 model that has
no hope of talking to my iBook. But I guess that's a perfect example of
"obsolete" hardware meeting up-to-date computing platforms.

Blah, I guess I'm blabbing. Whatever. Here's to another 10 years.

dave

--
MessagePad Jabberwocky
http://newtonpoetry.wordpress.com