[NTLK] New emate, how to connect?

From: Lee Mazur <realmenwearheels_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 04:28:26 EST

Hi all,
I just got an eMate and need to transfer data to my Powerbook g4 Titanium (
10.4.11). I have absolutly no connection method to begin with - not even a
serial cable. I have found the faq's to be good on the software side, but
really lacking on where to get cords that plug into both sides. So, after
painstaking research I have found these possible solutions to my problem:

Actisys - IrDA dongle
<http://www.actisys.com/IrDAProd.html#IR4010U>(IR4010U) - $50
Alphasmart - IrDA Pod <http://www.alphasmart.com/danastore/usb_ir_pod.html>
- $40
Keyspan - serial -> USB <http://www.keyspan.com/products/usa28xg/> port for
my powerbook - $79
Notwen - USB port <http://notwen.com/sync/dongle/> for my emate - $59

My questions: which of these will work?
which is best?
Is there a better (read: cheaper) option? Remember, I have no current
method of connection, so i can't install wireless or ethernet drivers.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Best,
Lee.