[NTLK] Major networking success, but more questions.

From: Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 06:09:46 EST

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone here I've managed to set up my MP2100 for dial-up modem access, Wifi, which took literally 1 minute to get working at home, and I've just configured an ehternet card although that remains untested until I get home again. Hopefully my bluetooth card will be here soon and I can get cracking on that.

Thanks again everyone.

Now, I'm afraid I'm moving on to another phase of question!

1. Mail V and .Mac
I've got Mail V and a .Mac account. I can successfully send emails using Mail V and the .Mac SMTP server. However, when it comes to read my mail headers I get multiple (say > 30) "problem" popups. I wait until the Newton finally calms down but it hasn't downloaded any headers at all, although it has created Newton Folders names after the .Mac mail folders in my account. Anyone using .Mac with Mail V successfully?

3. Scanning for WiFi access points
Having WiFi is great but it would be even better if I could get the card to scan for access points. Is there any software for this? I've googled etc.

4. Package problem and error on reset
I occasionally do a reset, mainly after installing packages. On restart I invariably have a problem with "ZHPatch:DPR" which patches NetHopper I believe, and I also always get a "Sorry, a problem has occured. (-48200)" after resetting. Any ideas about these?

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart