[NTLK] using my Newtons

From: FARKAS, WENDY <wfarkas_at_BOTETOURTVA.US>
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 08:49:48 EST

Happy New Year, Greg!

I use my iMac at home to run old programs (Mangia recipe database), and
play bridge (Bridge Baron). I have a cheap internet connection at home,
and use the high speed network at work to do most of my mail, banking
and research.

My MP120 runs slowly and doesn't have a backlight, so I'm using it to
transfer material from the desktop machines (via its card).

I'm using the eMate for a book title database, to draft meeting agendas
and take notes at meetings, since I can type faster than I can use the
stylus.

I'm using the 2100 for my day to day -- MPG for tracking fuel and car
expenses, DietLog to track nutrition and exercise info, Works for
spreadsheets and extensive note taking, and MoreInfo to link calls,
dates and notes. I really use the device as a Think Pad and like to
think out memos and project plans on it. I use the outliner a lot. I
reach for it in the evenings when I'm reading to jot down URLs, book
titles, and To Do items. I use it for grocery lists, tracking orders and
collecting interesting quotes from my reading.

But I don't worry about synching addresses or appointments. This is my
main machine for that info, and I don't attend so many meetings that I
can't comfortably enter them manually twice (once in Outlook and once in
the Newton).

I don't need one device to do everything and I have the luxury of not
having to be on the phone or internet all day. I love the Newtons and
use them all day long, every day. I use them more now then I did twenty
years ago, and am so grateful to the devoted programmers and enthusiasts
who have maintained the lists, archives and otherwise kept the Green
thing going strong.

Wendy