Re: [NTLK] ICVC Memory Woes

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 02:15:04 EST

On Jan 5, 2008 2:52 AM, Greg Hankins <ghankins@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks!
> I am trying to use ICVC to subscribe to a published iCal calendar.
> Connection and download both go fine, but the program aborts during
> the "putting away" process with the following message: "Newton does
> not have enough free memory right now to do what you asked.
> Restarting Newton may fix the problem."
>
> The restart does not help.
>
> I have 2MB of free internal memory. I am guessing this is a "running
> out of heap" error, though I don't know for sure. I have 19MB free on
> a flash card and the system set to store new information on the card.

Yes, this is a heap issue. I don't know if this would help, but if
it's possible, have you tried breaking up your calendar into sevaral,
smaller ones? I presume a 2100 would handle this better, but I've
never done this... I'm _really_ going to have to sit down and get all
my stuff working again.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland